- Rare Factory Two-Tone Papyrus White / Midnight Blue with Blue MB-Tex
- 77,000 documented miles since new
- original manual 4-speed, mostly original paint and interior
- all original matching numbers and panels
- complete mechanical restoration, runs absolutely fantastic!
- stunning presentation and very well preserved
- new home, Tacoma, WA
When it comes to 280SL's there are many available for sale. Most average ones are in the $50-80k range. A perfectly restored example by Hjeltness or the Mercedes-Benz Classic Center would likely be over $250k. Mine is a very well maintained, mostly original car in a very good color combination. Mechanically it is exemplary. The price is $147,000. Quite often inferior cars go for more than this at auctions, and then you have to add another 10% buyer's premium. The person who buys this car would be someone who knows the subtle ins and outs of these automobiles and has looked at several. Someone who has only looked on eBay and seen a bunch of mediocre 280's wouldn't understand where the value exists in my car. Everything is up to date and working very well. It's greatest strengths are fine preservation, mechanical condition, originality and presentation.